For the topping
- mini cake mould tins or cake tin
- 10 slices of canned pineapple
- 50 grams of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- cherries if you have
For the Cake
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 50 gms butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- To this mixture add the milk, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla essence.
- Beat with a mixture for a minute.
- Beat it until the mixture turns the colour.
- Keep aside.
- Melt butter and brown sugar.
- Then divide the mixture in all the moulds.
- Place pineapple on top & cut depending on the size.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes @ 175C.
- Pour the batter into the moulds.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once baked, run a knife around the edges of the cakes.
- Invert the cakes into a plate.
- Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream.
Malabar Tea Room