- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 heaped cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
To make butter milk substitute at home
- Take 100 ml milk at room temp , add 1 tsp white vinegar. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes. When it curdles its ready.
- Sift the flour with the coca, baking powder , baking soda and salt. Reserve.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Followed by the vanilla extract.
- With beater on low add the flour and buttermilk alternately.
- In case you need to add nuts add them at this point.
- Preheat the oven @175C for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes till golden brown on top or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- 3 tbsp low fat cream
- 100 gms dark chocolate
- Gently simmer the two over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate melts. Take off heat.
Recipe Source: Passionate about Baking