- 1/2 Oil or Coconut oil melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 coco powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a small bowl whisk flour, coco powder and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl cream oil, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add eggs one by one beat until its smooth.
- Add the flour mixture beat until its well blended.
- Fold in 3/4 of the coconut.
- Pour the mixture into a pan.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over the top.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 175C.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe source:Alida's kitchen