Totally agree with Sally of Sally's baking addiction these chocolate donuts are simple to make and they are baked not fried....!!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg( optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp melted butter ( I used margarine)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 2 tsp water
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg, brown sugar, milk and yogurt until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and just mix. Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture into each donut cup and filling 3/4.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes @175C .
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Remove from the pan and allow it cool before glazing.
- Bake the remaining mixture also.
Make the chocolate Glaze:
- Place the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and water on a slow flame.
- Mix until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the donuts into the chocolate glaze.
Recipe Source: Sally 's baking additiction