- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water or coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup double cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- Mix flour, cocoa , baking powder. baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add in egg, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla essence.
- Mix in a low speed until all well mixed.
- Then increase the speed for 2 minutes.
- Then add boiling water and gently mix well.
- Preheat the oven @175 for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a pan.
- Bake it for 30- 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake.
- Put the chocolate chips in a deep bowl.
- Bring it to just boil the cream and butter.
- Pour oven the chocolate chips.
- Leave it for a minute.
- Then mix well until it all melts.
- Spread over the cake.