- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp coco powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup yogurt + 1/2 tsp baking soda ( mix and keep it aside)
For the Butter Cream
- Mix cocoa and hot water until smooth.
- Melt butter and sugar in a medium flame.
- Until the butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Beat the mixture in a large bowl until the mixture is cool.
- Add the egg one by one beating after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and the cocoa mixture is blend well.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture alternating with yogurt mix.
- Mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes @ 175C.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and fill 2/3.
- Bake until the tooth pick comes out clean for 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and water and mix it.
- Add cocoa and icing sugar .
- Whip until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cupcakes once it is cool.
Recipe source : the baker upstairs .