These shortbreads were made by my teen daughtie.....something quick and buttery..!!
- 8 tbsp butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- Place the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the butter and rub it into the dry ingredients.
- Continue to work the mixture until it forms a soft dough
- Light press the dough into the tart pan.
- Using a knife, mark the dough into 8 pieces and prick all over with a fork.
- Preheat the oven for 10 mts @ 175C.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the shortbread is firm and just colored.
- Let cool for few minutes , then sprinkle with sugar if needed.