- 5 eggs separated
- 200g sugar
- 1 tbsp flour ( or cornflour)
- 225 gms almond powdered
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Beat yolks with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle the almond extract while the yolks are mixing
- Add flour , continue beating.
- Add baking powder and a pinch of salt while beating.
- Add the almond meal and continue mixing.
- When the batter gets firmer.
- Add the egg white which is beaten well , spoon by spoon.
- Preheat the oven @ 175 C for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a 9inch tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until when a toothpick comes out clean.