1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp plain all purpose flour
1 tbsp icing sugar
pinch of salt
180 grams of chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Butter the ramekins very well to make sure the cakes don't stick in them during baking.
- Place over a double boiler and melt chocolate chips with butter in a heatproof bowl until smooth. (optional to add icing sugar)
- In another bowl add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla essence.
- Beat using beater until eggs turn light.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture gently, whisk together to combine.
- Sift the flour over the batter , mix until combine.
- Now divide the batter over the ramekins.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least one hour before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven at 200C.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once baked , cool them.
- Then run a knife around each cake to make sure it isn't stuck and carefully turn each one over a plate.
- Serve with ice-cream.