- 3 1/2 cups flour -Remove 7 tbsp of flour with cornflour
- 3/4 cup or 160 gms butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp red food colour+ 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup butter milk
- Sift the flour mix with baking soda at lest 3 times and keep aside.
- In a large bowl beat butte and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after adding each one.
- In a bowl and cocoa , food colour, water and vanilla essence, whisk them well.
- Carefully add to the batter and continue beating on low speed.
- Mix buttermilk with salt.
- Add flour mix and buttermilk, beat until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Preheat the oven @175 for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into cupcake liners and bake until the toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from Magnolia's Bakery recipe but did little of changes.