Recipe source: Laura in the Kitchen
- 100 grams butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth.
- Sieve flour, cocoa, baking powder , baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients mix until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk and mix quickly so u don't over mix
- Preheat the oven @ 175C/350F .
- Scoop the batter, fill the muffin liner upto 1/2 using ice-cream scoop.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.