- Makes a double -layer 8" cake .
- 1 1/2 stick or 175 grams butter softened
- 1 3/4 cup or 350 grams sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups or 240 grams flour
- 3/4 cup or 65 grams coco power
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter, sugar, salt , baking soda and the vanilla until fluffy.
- In another bowl , whisk together the flour and coco making sure no lumps remain.
- Beat in the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time. Beating well after each addition.
- Slowly blend 1/3 of the flour, mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Then add 1/2 of the milk and so on until all the dry ingredients and the milk have been beaten in.
- Scraping the sides as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the pans and smooth.
- Preheat the oven @ 175C. Line the pans with butter paper.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 35 mts or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool.
Ready to eat a warm chocolate cake or frost with icing !!!