Its been a long time ... keep disappearing now and then ... wish I was regular.. in my posts.
As for this post... been hearing a lot about a George town cupcake & a lot on FB status...... as u all do , did a bit of surfing and found one of their recipe on chocolate cupcake with Ganache ....
As for the cupcake it turned out to be perfect....!!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 8 tbsp butter they suggest European style unsalted one
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs @ room temperature
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup good quality of cocoa powder
For the Ganache Frosting
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of semi - sweet chocolate chip
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- Place the butter in a bowl & beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Stop beating and add sugar and beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time , mixing slowly after each addition.
- Reduce the speed.
- Add little of flour mixture and milk mixture.
- Scrape the bowl and repeat adding the flour mixture and milk.
- Beat just until combined.
- Add cocoa powder and mix it.
- Preheat the oven at 175C for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture to fill the cupcake paper until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
For the Ganache:
Lay a large piece of paper on wax paper.
Combine the cream and chocolate on a bowl.
Fill a pan with water and heat on medium heat.
Place the bowl over the pan and let it melt .
Stirring until it is shinny and smooth.
Remove the bowl and let it cool.
Carefully dip each cupcake top in the warm ganache.
Let it set for 5 minutes before serving.