I keep disappearing now n then.... hopefully will be more regular @ my blogs!!
As for the recipe... was looking on with buttermilk and tumbled into a lovely blog seasaltwithfood.
- 1cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 /2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder + 1 tbsp oil ( or 3oz unsweetened chocolate, melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour , cocoa and baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- (If you are adding the chocolate, mix until well incorporated).
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with buttermilk and vanilla.
- With each addition , beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in a bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners , filling them 3/4 .
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tin for 15 minutes.
- If you need please decorate it with butter cream icing.
P.S As you know on normal day , I don't go in for icing. hopefully soon will build a page on different types of icing.
Recipe source: seasaltfromfood