Every year its been routine that mama bakes the birthday cake.
For a change I wanted to bake a layer cake.
As for the cake I used the chocolate cake recipe from one of my books. The cake was too good.
As for the icing I have my favorite butter cream icing...!!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 2 extra -large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa , baking powder, and salt into the bowl and mix well.
- Combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry with beater still on.
- Add the coffee and stir just to combine.
- Scrap the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- I used 2 8in rounds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared and bake for 35 -40 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 30 mts.
I used butter cream icing with some of my favorite colours.