Recipe source: "The best ever book of cakes"
- 115grams self-raising flour
- 115 caster sugar
- 115 unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp water
- pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the flour, sugar , butter and eggs in a large bowl with the rose water and beat until smooth.
- Add the milk and a few drops of pink colour(optional).
- Divide among the paper cases.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, or until the cakes are risen and golden, and are just firm to the touch.
- Remove them from the tray and put on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the topping, sift the icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add the rose water with a few drops of pink colouring and 5ml/ tsp of cold water or enough to mix to a spreadable icing.
- Spoon a little icing over the top o the each cake, then top with sugar sprinkles , flowers or shapes.