Recipe Adapted from Puddings & Desserts by Bhanu R
For the Icing: I am baker blog's work was inspired
- 150 gms flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, separated
Ingredients for the Butter Cream Icing:
- 4 cups of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup of shortening (Crisco)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Wilton Meringue Powder
- Preheat the oven 350F, 180C.
- Grease and flour the round pan.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder twice.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla essence and beat until thick.
- Sift the flour on to the egg mixture and mix carefully.
- Whisk the egg whites lightly stiff. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites into the mixture.
- Pour this batter and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until light brown or a skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then on on a wire.
Method For Icing:
- Cream shortening with vanilla essence and water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been mixed together.
- Blend an additional minute until Creamy.
Icing the Cake:
- Cut the cake into 2 horizontally layers.
- Cover the with a good crumb coat.
- Using wilton Tip 16 or star tip with medium consistency of icing decorate.
Hope u enjoy making...it as much as I enjoyed..!!