- 10 tbsp / 141 grams butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt in a medium heat proof bowl.
- Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir from time to time until the butter melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the pan.
- Stir in the vanilla with a spoon.
- Add the eggs one at a time and stir vigorously after each one.
- When the batter looks well blended and the flour and stir it until u cannot see them.
- And then beat for at least 40 strokes with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
Smitten Kitchen is a lovely blog.... if time permits you do have a look...:)
The Brownies turned out so tasty ... !!