- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of sugar + 2 tbsp
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted and warm
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- In a large bowl mix the flour , sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the butter, eggs and vanilla and beat them.
- Add milk and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Preheat the oven at 175C.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
For the Ganache: ( Reicpe source : joy of baking)
- 113 grams semi sweet chocolate chips
- 100 ml of double cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat the cream and butter in a small pan.
- Bring just to boil.
- Pour the cream and butter over the chips.
- And stir until it is mixed well.
To cover the cake:
- Using a spatula cover the sides and top of the cake with a layer of ganache
- For the writing I used butter cream icing.