The recipe for chocolate cupcake is from ...Alice Medrich Recipe
And for the icing used buttercream icing with colour green and pink swirls for girls...!!
Recipe for butter cream Icing is as follows:
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add water and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- Pipe the icing using the required tips.
My daugtie calls the green icing as noodles....!!