(recipe source: 'what's cooking chocolate book')
- 100 grams butter, softened
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 50 grams chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp milk( I used water)
- 150 grams self - raising flour
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- 225 grams white chocolate
- 150 grams low-fat cheese
- Line an 18 muffin tray with paper cup cases.
- Sift together the flour and the coco powder, keep it aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs beating well after each addition.
- Add the milk then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and fold into the mixture with a metal spoon or spatula.
- Divide the mixture equally between the paper cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180C for 20 minutes or until well risen.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
(I did not make the icing since wanted to pack these cupcakes for my daughtie's snack time. Anyways here the recipe for icing..!)
To make the Icing :
- Melt the chocolate and leave it cool slighty.
- Beat the cream cheese until softened, then beat int he melted chocolate.
- Spread a little of the icing over each cake and chill for 1 hour.
If you r having the cupcake without the icing you need not chill.