- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Sift the dry ingredients together , if possible thrice.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 3 mints.
- Add in the eggs one by one and beat it after each one.
- Next add flour and milk alternately starting and ending with flour.
- Beat until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Scoop it into the cupcake liners about 2/3 rd full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a sacucepan , melt butter .
- Stir the sugar and cocoa gradullay stir tin the cream.
- Heat over medium heat , until smooth and hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Set aside to cool.
- Dip the cupcake upside down in the frosting and and let the excess drip off.