( recipe source: joy of baking)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup 113 grams unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven.
- In a small bowl stir until smooth the boiling water and cocoa powder.
- Let it cool.
- Then in another bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Then the cooled cocoa and stir until smooth.
- Fill the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes at 175C.