Alice Medrich. )
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar +2 tbsps
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (I did not use salt since the butter was salted)
- 1 /2 cup butter melted and warm ( I used salted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot water
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour , cocoa powder , sugar , baking soda and salt together.
- Add the butter , eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed for one minute.
- Add 1/2 of the water and beat for few seconds.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and then add the remaining water.
- Beat for until the batter is smooth.
- Preheat the oven 175C.
- Then pour the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Store and serve at room temperature.