(Recipe Source: What's cooking chocolate Book)
- 175 grams butter
- 175 grams caster sugar
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 200 grams self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50 grams dark chocolate , melted
- 2 cups double cream
- 375 grams dark chocolate , broken into pieces
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Sieve together the flour and cocoa.
- Fold into the cake mixture.
- Fold in the melted chocolate.
- Pour into the tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minute.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes .
- Cut the cold cake into 2 layers.
To Make the Ganache:
- Place the cream in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Add the chocolate and stir until melted and combined.
- Sandwich the cake together and spread over the top and sides of the cake.