These biscuits have a fabulously light, melting texture. You can leave them plain as I did or you can dip in chocolate to decorate. This recipe is from my first chocolate book 'what's cooking chocolate'. I did a bit of change...
- 100 grams butter
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 75 grams self-raising flour , sieved
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 175 grams chocolate chips ( dark chocolate)
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the flour and cornflour.
- Melt chocolate chips and beat into the biscuit dough
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe on a baking trays, slightly spaced apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 175C for 15 minutes.
- Leave it cool slightly on the baking trays.
Tip: I found the dough too thick to pipe so added around 4 tbsp of milk and beat it along.
For decoration : Dip the cookies in melted chocolate and leave to set.