For a change, I wanted to try some healthy muffins...!!!
This recipe is adapted from "muffins & bakes " book.
- vegetable oil or cooking oil for spraying
- 225 plain grams
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large egg white
- 2 ripe bananas
- 55 grams no-soak dired dates, pitted and chopped
- 4 tbsp skimmed milk
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- Its important to spray with vegetable spray or cooking spray since there is no oil or butter used in the recipe.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and all spice into a mixing bowl.
- Add the caster sugar and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites together.
- Mash the sliced bananas in a separate bowl, then add them to the egg whites.
- Add the dates, then pour in the milk and maple syrup and stir together gently to mix.
- Add the banana and date mixture to the just combined.
- Do not overstir the mixture -it is fine for it to be a little lumpy.
- Divide the muffin mixture evenly between the cups in the muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200C/400F for 25 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and serve warm.