Its weekend ..... for us n...... !!!
I had to bake a cake as the base of the dessert .... would love to share the recipe of this cake which can be used as a base for most of the cake based dessert...!!!
This cake is called one stage sponge cake adapted from an old book from my mom's collection.
- melted butter for greasing
- 1/2 cup jam for filling
- icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 325F/170C,
- Grease and flour two 7 inches sandwich tins or I used 1 large 10 inches tin since I need to use this cake as a base for Alaska pudding.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar ,essence and eggs.
- Beat them together until well mixed, glossy and light.
- Pour the mixture into the tins or tin and smooth the surface.
- Place in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until shrinks away slightly from the sides of the tin and springs back into shape when pressed lightly with a finger.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the tin for 2 minutes. Turn out on to a clean towel, then invert the cake on a wire rack to cool.
- When cold, sandwich with jam , In case you r not using for any dessert as a base.