This recipe is from the book of "muffins & bakes" . They taste delicious .... n I kept wondering should I decorate it as the book shows..... so decided later in the day to do so just one for the blog.
The weather is perfect to have a warm cupcake with almond in it.... wish weather always remains the same......:)
- 9 tbsp butter, softened
- 200 grams castor sugar
- 4-6 drops almond essence
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 grams self-raising flour
- 175 gras ground almonds
- white ready-to -roll fondant icing
- Diffrent colours of wilton( I used pink n red)
- Put 16 paper muffin cases in a muffin pan.
- Put the butter, sugar and almond essence in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. (Was lazy so added at one shot) .
- Add the flour and using a large metal spoon, fold it into the mixture, then fold in the ground almonds.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases to half-fill them.
- Bake the cakes in a preheated oven, 180C/37F, for 20 minutes or until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- When the cakes are cold, knead the white icing until pliable, then roll out on a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Using round cutter , cut out n place on top of the cupcake.
- Then divide the fondant icing into 2 and I used one for pink and the other for red.
- Decorate the way u want. ( I wanted to give the effect of red berries...).
Hope u enjoy making them. I did not wanted to decorate n then I did just for the blog ....:)