- 11/2 cups cake flour(not self-rising but I used normal flour), sifted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (Original recipe has 1tbsp distilled white vinegar )
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180C/350C. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. Sift together cake flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and the water until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix until smooth , scraping down sides of the bowls as needed (batter will be very thin).
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three- quarters full.
- Bake , rotating tin halfway through, until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn out cupcakes onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
I know the photographs are not good...... sorry about that...!!!