- 4 tbsp margarine
- 55 grans caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 85 grams self raising flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 55 grams plain chocolate
- icing sugar for dusting
- Put 8 paper baking cases in a muffin pan.
- Put the margarine, sugar, egg, flour and cocoa in a large bowl and, using an electric hand whisk, beat together until just smooth.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the paper cases. Using a teaspoon, make an indentation in the center of each cake.
- Break the chocolate evenly into 8 squares and place a piece in each indentation, then spoon the remaining cake mixture on top.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven, 190C/375F, for 20 minutes or until well risen and springy to the touch.
- Leave the cupcakes for 2-3 minutes before serving warm, dusted with sifted icing sugar.
Again this recipe is from my favourite book ....Everyday muffins & bakes. Please do write to me how it turned out..... !!!