- 230 grams flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110 grams of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven at 175C/350F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs , vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients and beat until you have smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about one hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Remove the dough and on a floured surface roll out to the thickness of 1/4 inch.
- using cookie cutters cut out the shapes you want and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 tbsp Meringue Powder
- 2 tbsp of water
Beat all ingredients until icing peaks. To thin , add 1/2 tsp of water at a time until the until you reach proper consistency.
In case you need chocolate icing then add cocoa until you reach the required colour.
The recipe is from my Cook Books collection (Book of Baking) .. ...!!!
To be honest , I was not planning to decorate it but the kids in our building were getting ready to collect their treats for Halloween.... so decorated with Royal Icing .......