The batter looked perfect after mixing. The baking part, it took more time to bake. The outcome was out and out. At the top it looked as though a layer of icing has been done.
Before blogging , checked the difference using google and found some of them are:
- Shortening is a 100% fat.
- Butter has additional milk and water and not all fat.
- Butter melts faster under heat.
- Shortening products are softer.
If you need some more details , please check at this link shortening/butter
- 8 tbsp shortening
- 110 grams of sugar powder
- 2 large egg
- 4 tbsp of coca
- 3 tbsp of water
- 110 grams of flour
- Put the shortening, sugar, flour, eggs and coca in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk , beat together until just smooth. Add water and beat well.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven, 180C/350F, for 20-25 minutes or until when a toothpick comes out clean.
- If you want , dust with a little sifted icing sugar before serving.
The recipe is one of my basic mild chocolate recipe...... and has changed to use shortening instead of butter.