What do you do on a weekend when you r bored and your hubby is in the office.???
This is what happened in my house..... my daughter was watching t.v and I as usual started to browse all great blogs.... I came across one recipe 'Honey comb Cake' from Ria's collection which had 200,000 hits. They look heavy....!!! So decided to use the base recipe(changed the quantity) for the cupcakes.... and use my own Icing which was easy for me. The moment I started to bake ..... my daughter declared .....She will take care of the icing ... the end result is this.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven 180C.
- In a large bowl, cream butter on medium speed till smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar gradually and beat till fluffy , about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- According to the original recipe, combine flour adding in 4 parts alternating with milk and vanilla extract and beating well. I added the flour , milk and essence and then beat them well.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup crisco shortening
- 3 tbsp Hershely's chocolate sauce
- 3/4 cup Icing sugar
- Beat butter well.
- Add icing sugar and chocolate sauce beat until creamy.
- When the cakes are cold , pipe or spread the icing. sprinkle one or two coloured dragees to decorate.
My daughter has done a great job on icing with her little fingers.... we just enjoyed .......that evening with our yummy cupcakes....!!!