- 115grams golden caster sugar(according to the book but I used normal sugar n powdered it)
- 115 grams butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped lavender flowers(I used essence)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 175 grams self-raising flour sifted
- 150 grams icing sugar
- Lavender flower
- Silver dragees
- Place the caster sugar and butter in a bowl. Cream together until pale and fluffy . Gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the milk, lavender and vanilla essence, then carefully fold in the flour.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in a preheated oven, 2000C/4000F, for 12- 15 minutes or until well risen and golden. The sponge should bounce back when pressed.
- A few minutes before the cakes are ready, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough water to make a thick icing. When the fairy cakes are baked, transfer to a wire rack and place a blob of icing in the center of each one, allowing it to run across the cake.
- Decorate with lavender flowers and silver dragees and serve as soon as the cakes are cool.
This recipe is from the book muffins & bake. Its a great book most of the recipes are simple and they have some healthy recipes too.