The recipe is adapted from the book 'What 's cooking chocolate'. This is sure to be a favourite as the basic recipe which can be used to make several variations.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 1/2 brown sugar (in case you don't have use caster sugar)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla flavouring
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup ( 125 grams) chocolate chips
- Lightly grease baking trays.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture on the baking trays, spacing them well apart to allow for spreading during cooking.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 190C/375F , for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Using a palette knife transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.