- 125 grams unsalted butter.
- 120 grams sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium free- range egg
- 150 grams plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 grams chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 175C/370F and lightly butter baking sheets.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with the vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in the egg,then gradually sift in the flour,bicarbonate of soda and salt.Once it is just combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon heaped teaspoonfuls on to the baking sheets, and bake for 10 minutes until pale golden and slightly soft in the center.
- Leave for 1- 2 minutes before removing the cookies carefully to a wire rack to cool.
The perfect accompaniment to a warm freshly baked cookie? Yes, a cup of tea or coffee latte is all very nice... a prefect match. Guess what my daughter had to tell ... Nancy Drew notebooks is a perfect combination for cookies after school...:)